School Holiday Fun
Get the most out of the summer school holidays. Whether you're a Hawkesbury local or visiting the region for the school holidays we've some great things to keep the kids occupied. How about taking the kids camping - the weathers heating up and we have some great camping locations beside the river ideal for swimming, fishing and mucking around. For the more energetic there are bushwalks, cycling trails, seasonal fruit picking up at Bilpin, parks to explore, go-kart hire, kayaking, boat hire plus horse riding.
For the creative kid the Hawkesbury Regional Art Gallery is offering art and craft sessions and the Library and Museum have enjoyable school holiday programs designed to entertain the kids in the holidays.
Check out our top picks for the school holidays below:
Free Stuff to Do
- Hawkesbury Regional Museum
- Hawkesbury Library and Gallery
- Blue Mountains Botanic Garden Mount Tomah
- The New Secret Garden Richmond
- Yarramundi Reserve
- Governor Phillip Park - George Street, Windsor
Riverfront park with brand new fully fenced playground and water play area, picnic shelters, BBQ and toilet facilities.
- Macquarie Park - Bridge Street, Windsor
Riverfront park with playground, picnic shelters, BBQs, toilets and café.
- Richmond Park - Windsor Street, Richmond
Located in the centre of town, playground, picnic tables, shaded areas, close to cafes and shops.
- Ham Common - Hawkesbury Valley Way, Richmond
Fully fenced playground, concreted bike path, skate park, picnic tables and shelters, BBQs, toilets, close to café.
- Hanna Park - Beaumont Avenue, North Richmond
Riverfront Park, skate park, BBQs, picnic shelters, toilets, fishing pontoon, playground, close to shops.
- Pughs Lagoon Smith Park - Francis Street, Richmond
Picnic table and shelters, BBQs, birdlife, toilets.
- Kurrajong Memorial Reserve - Old Bells Line of Road, Kurrajong
Shaded picnic areas, playground, close to shops & cafes.
- Wisemans Ferry Park - Old Northern Road, Wisemans Ferry
Riverfront park with picnic tables and shelters, BBQs, playground, kiosk.
River Swimming Spots
Navua Reserve - Grose River Road, Grose Wold
Upper Colo Reserve - Hulbert Road, Upper Colo
Good Value Outings for the Family Around the Hawkesbury
- Australiana Pioneer Village (Wilberforce) - re-opening Sunday 6 January, 2019
- Windsor Tenpin Bowling (Windsor)
- Trees Adventure Grose River Park (Yarramundi)
- Planet X (Richmond)
- Richmond Regent Twin Cinema (Richmond)
- Horse Riding (Yarramundi and Putty)
- Kurrajong Radio Museum (Kurrajong)
- Tobruk Sheep Station (Maroota)
- Kayak and day boat hire (Wisemans Ferry)
- Indy 800 (Wilberforce)
- Rouse Hill House & Farm (Rouse Hill) - open daily 2 to 27 January, 2019
- Museum of Fire (Penrith) - open 7 days a week but not on public holidays
- The Arms of Australia Inn Museum (Penrith)
- Paddlewheeler River Cruises (Windsor)
- Local Public Pools (Windsor and Richmond)
- Fruit picking (Bilpin)