Let the Adventure Begin
- If you are looking for adventure then the Hawkesbury is the place for you. One great stretch of road with heaps of adventurous attractions to choose from is Springwood Road running from Agnes Banks, through Yarramundi up to Hawkesbury Heights. From Richmond head out on the Castlereagh Road for about 8 kilometres to Agnes Banks, turn right into Springwood Road and look for the signs to the attractions.
- Kick the day off by soaring through the trees at Trees Adventure (bookings essential). It is an exhilarating eco-adventure high above the banks of the pristine Grose River. There are many treetop obstacles and flying foxes throughout the beautiful Blue Gum canopy. There are easy courses for those scared of heights through to the extreme thrill-seeker courses. Equipment and safety training is provided. Test your nerves and your skills here or go with a group of friends and have a great time. It caters for children from four years old on the yellow courses to the most proficient on the extreme black course which is 25 metres high. There’s something for the whole family to enjoy.
- Fancy going horse riding? Hawkesbury Valley Equestrian Centre offers lessons and clinics for a diverse range of horse disciplines. Enquire about a river ride or working the cattle from the back of a horse - bookings are essential.
- Yarramundi Reserve is a local's favourite particularly in summer. River swimming and kayaking (bring your own), fishing, bushwalking and bird watching are all on offer. There are BBQ's and shady picnic spots too.
- Get your adrenalin rush at Action Paintball (bookings essential). Take a group of friends on some of the most exciting playing fields around – suits bucks, birthdays, and corporate events or just for fun. No skill level required to play.
- Ok now its time to test your skill at single track mountain bike riding at Yellomundee Nature Reserve. Bring your own bike and explore the trails that wind through to the river.
- What better way to finish the day than a trip up to Hawkesbury Heights Lookout to take in the breathtaking views of the river and distant Sydney. On a clear day Centrepoint Tower and the city buildings can be seen. Sunsets here can be quite lovely.
15km/30 minutes one-way without stops